Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Wonderful Note...

I received this email today from one of our students and wanted to share it...
"You have put together a very special way of explaining to anyone who should cross your path and join you in this walk with materials that are out of the box....but have every component necessary for success. I am blessed to have found you on the day I did, swallowing a little of my pride, because my dream is to become the attorney necessary to help the babies and children with disabilities be represented."


That's pretty cool on a lot of levels but what I really like about it is the focus on the "WHY." Taking the bar exam is not a lot of fun (really?) and it requires hours away from family, friends, work and other activities of intrinsic value. There has to be a reason to put yourself through this. I've learned time and again that those who have a WHY do better on the test than those who simply DO. If you're studying for the exam, ask yourself what the WHY is and keep your focus there. It will help pull you through the hard times of the study...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment